Here’s a sneak peek to the new Porsche 960 which should be released in 2017. It is a mid-engined supercar which will be positioned somewhere between 911 Turbo and the 918 Spider. Although the exterior of the car resembles a beefed-up Cayman, there are many differences – and of course one of them is the price! The Porsche’s new aluminum and composite platform will be the base for this supercar. Also, 960 will most likely have an aggressive horizontally opposed eight-cylinder engine pushing over 600 horses. The estimated price for this beauty will be way above $200,000.
This weekend’s autocross at Minter Airfield was amazing! Everyone appeared to have a fantastic time. The weather was great, not a scorcher. The timing equipment held out the entire day without a hitch. Many lap times fell without too much pride hurt. The competition was fierce and friendly. I would like to thank a few folks who made this event a resounding success:
* Greg Fullmer and Charles Rooks – Autocross co-chairs
* Linn and Vernell Christopher – Served up a tasty hot dog lunch
* Mike Thomas – Our announcer and club photographer
* Shanell Rice – Taking on Timing and Scoring, announcer, corner worker pep coach and runner (the basket on her beach cruiser was filled all day long with important items like blue tape for car numbers and tech forms)
* Janice Witteried – Grid Marshall keeping the cars moving in order (she pointed you MOVED), not an easy task
* Kenneth Keenan and Charee Keenan – Loaned us the generator that NEVER QUIT!!
* Betsy Wadman – Handled the craziness that is morning registration and gate entrance
* Pat Wadman – Made sure our corner workers showed up and kept everyone safe
* Spencer and Tammy Harris – Coordinated with the airport on setup and facilities for the event
* Mike McGregor – Making sure we are insured as well as showing up early to help setup
* David Bratcher – Hosting our pre-tech before the autocross
* Minter Field/Shafter Airport (Jonathan Hudson and Kenneth Greene) – For allowing us to hold the event at their facility
* Golden Empire Mustangs – 6 of their members participated
And thanks to all those too many to mention that helped in some way, setting up the course, tearing down the course, handing out waters, etc…
Of course none of this could have happened without the participation of all the drivers that joined us from Golden Empire, Cal Inland and other regions around southern California…
Thank you all!!
PCA Golden Empire Region President
And here’s some photos: